I’m turning 27 in a few weeks so I decided to jot down a few things that I’ve learned about life. So here they are:
1) Stay active. You’ll feel so much better about yourself; it helps you stay in shape and mentally it helps you stay more focused.
2) Learn from your mistakes. No one is perfect; so don’t beat yourself over it.
3) Show appreciation when someone shows an act of kindness. A thank you goes a really long way.
4) Learn to manage your finances. Buying things that you can’t afford leads to debt and no one wants to be in debt.
5) Knowledge is power, so try learning something new often.
6) Apologize when you’re wrong. It’s better late than never.
7) Don’t burn bridges. You never know when you may need someone.
8) Help the less fortunate. You’ll feel better about yourself and feel grateful for what you have been blessed with.
9) Don’t judge too quickly. Everyone has a story of their own
10) Don’t believe everything you hear, as they are not always true.
11) Avoid negative people. These people are usually toxic and will bring you down with them.
12) Spend time with your loved ones before it’s too late.
13) Smile more often because it’s contagious
14) Don’t try being the best copycat of someone instead be the best of you.
15) Travel more. You’ll learn new things, meet new people, and it opens your mind to a whole new world.
16) Talk less and listen more often.
17) We all have bad days. Think of it this way, if we don’t have bad days how can appreciate the good days?
18) Forgive people. Be the bigger one and forgive as holding grudges won’t help at all.
19) We all will get our heart broken sometimes once, twice, or sometimes even more but as time passes by the heart heals itself.
20) Try not to overthink. Overthinking usually ends up turning into negative thoughts, events that usually never end up taking place.
21) It’s better to try something and fail at it than not to try at all. You can’t succeed without trying.
22) The past is something that you can’t change. You live and you move on. So stop regretting things you can’t change.
23) Never close doors on the people that were there for you in your time of need.
24) Be Optimistic. “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick, don’t lose faith.” – Steve Jobs
25) Learn to love yourself. Once you love yourself other will love you as well.
26) Do things that scare you often. Step outside your comfort zone, as that’s where all the magic happens.
27) Nature is a great stress reliever. If you’re stressed go for a walk outside.
28) Motivate yourself daily. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily” – Zig Ziglar.
29) Change begins with you first. If you are looking to change the world then change yourself first.
30) You need to believe in yourself for others to believe in you.
31) Treat others the way you want to be treated.
32) Work smart rather than hard.
33) Karma is real. Whatever goes around usually comes around.
34) Your gut is usually right. Listen to that gut feeling inside of you.
35) Friends will come and go. Its just part of life.
36) Don’t settle for less than what you deserve.
37) Help people without expecting anything in return. Expecting something back in return usually leads to disappointment.
38) Write a journal, as it lasts longer.
39) Take many pictures as those last longer as well.
40) Time is priceless. No one is wealthy enough to waste an hour of his or her life.
41) Take notes. No one has a perfect memory and we all tend to forget things.
42) There is no perfect time. It’s now or never.
43) Everyday is a new day. It’s a chance for you to get it right.
44) Learn to be happy before you get into a relationship. If you aren’t happy now the chances of you being happy in a relationship are slim.
45) There is always going to be someone smarter than you.
46) Don’t blame others for your own mistake. Accept what happened and move on.
47) You should never give up. Sometimes you are much more closer to success than you think you are.
48) Life is short. So don’t let the little things bother you.
49) Don’t make someone a priority if they only make you an option.
50) Be honest with yourself and others. Once you lie you need ten more lies to cover up that one lie.